International Journal of Environmental Science & Sustainable Development
Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development (ESSD) is a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal that aims to systematically develop the minds of aspiring scholars that seek to contribute to the academic community. We are currently living in an age of information where sources are widely available on the Internet. However, we at ESSD seek to efficiently utilize the available information to help create an age of knowledge. The journal's focus is academic research in all fields of Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development.
As a member of COPE, Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development (ESSD) abides by COPE's policies and journals practices to reach the highest standards in publication ethics.
Professor Hocine Bougdah
Mostafa Kamel El-Refaey, Al Qasaei Bahri, Qism El-Raml.
Tel. : (+2) 03 5763827 (+2) 03 5763828
Mob. : (+2) 01000028021
Cairo (By Appointment):
39 Lebanon Street, El Mohandseen.
Tel: (+2) 02 33459577 (+2) 02 33037810
Mob. : (+2) 01000028021
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution: other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
With the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher's final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher's request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author's own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- The Work is the Author's original work;
- The Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- The Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- The Work has not previously been published;
- The Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- The Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author's breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 7 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher's use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submitted manuscript has not been previously published and has not been sent to a different publisher for publishing.
- You’ve read the journal’s instructions for authors.
- The manuscript file should be submitted in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word format.
- All authors have been named on the paper, and the online submission form.
- The text should be single-spaced and the font set to be 10 pt.
- All material has been referenced in the text and in the References List clearly and thoroughly, even if it is your own.
- The text should closely follow the bibliographic requirements mentioned in the Author Instructions Template.
- You’ve obtained permission to reuse any figures, tables, and data sets if needed.
- In the case of having submitted the manuscript to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the author should double-check having removed the author's name and identification from the document.
- The article has been checked for proper grammar and spelling.
- You’ve notified all the co-authors that the paper has been submitted.
Revision of the online submitted manuscripts is mandatory for all papers. The papers must all follow a given template and instructions for authors given below before the submission online after having registered. For further inquiries or assistance, please contact ESSD@ierek.com.
A paper is to initially be formatted in an APA Style that is as long as 6 to 8 pages. The paper is to begin with an abstract text and a word count that falls within 100 to 300 words. The recommended font for the whole paper, or rather the general text, should be Times Roman 10 pt. Headings should be 10 pt, bold, and numbered.
When citing others’ (or your own) previous work, please ensure you have:
- Clearly marked quoted verbatim text ("") from another source with quotation marks.
- Attributed and referenced the source of the quotation clearly using in-text citation and a reference is your bibliography.
- Got approval from an author of another source in case of taking any material from his/her manuscript.
Before you submit, make sure that:
- You've read the journal's “Author Guidelines"
- All authors have been named on the paper, and the online submission form.
- All material has been referenced in the text clearly and thoroughly.
- You've obtained permission to reuse any figures, tables, and data sets.
- You've only submitted the paper to one journal at a time.
- You've notified all the co-authors that the paper has been submitted.
Members of the Editorial Team
Editor in Chief
- Professor Hocine Bougdah (Editor in Chief), UK.
- Professor Despina Dimelli, Associate Professor, Founder and Director of Urban and Regional planning laboratory, School of Architecture, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Professor Adriana Galderisi, Second University of Naples - Department of Architecture and Industrial Design Luigi Vanvitelli , Italy
- Professor Youba Sokona, Switzerland
- Professor Khairul Anuar bin Kassim, Malaysia
- Professor Alberto Muscio, Italy
- Professor Emmanuel Bozonnet, Associate Professor- La Rochelle University / Laboratory of engineering sciences for environment , France
- Professor Sofoklis Makridis, Department of Environmental Engineering University of Patras , Greece
- Professor Alessandro Di Graziano, Italy
- Professor Hasim Altan, United Arab Emirates
- Professor Crescenzo Petrone, Italy
- Professor Dinko Vukadinović, Croatia
- Professor Lucia Della Spina, Italy
- Dr Cristina Piselli, Department of Engineering, University of Perugia, Via G. Duranti 67, Perugia, 06125, Italy CIRIAF - Interuniversity Research Centre, University of Perugia, Via G. Duranti 63, Perugia, 06125, , Italy
- Professor Gloria Pignatta, School of Built Environment, Faculty of Arts, Design, and Architecture, University of New South Wales (UNSW) Sydney , Australia
- Professor Chaham Alalouch, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Professor Shaibu Garba, Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria
- Professor Pietro Columba , Italy
- Professor Alessandro Baracco , Italy
- Professor Antonio Frattari , Italy
- Professor Yasser Mahgoub , Egypt
- Professor Andrea Ciaramella , Italy
- Professor Nabil Mohareb , Associate Professor, Department of Architecture, School of Sciences and Engineering (SSE), The American University in Cairo (AUC) , Lebanon
- Professor Mahmoud Yousef Ghoneem , Egypt
- Professor Matheos Santamouris , Greece
- Professor Alberto Muscio , Italy
- Professor Hasan Huseyin Balik , Turkey
- Professor Fabio Naselli , Italy
- Doctor Mourad Amer , Mourad Amer Architect, BSc, DSc, MSc, PhD Founder and CEO of IEREK Editor of ASTI, a book series by Springer Editor at IEREK Press , Egypt
Call for Papers
You are invited to submit a paper for a possible publication in the upcoming issue of the International Journal of Environmental Science & Sustainable Development (ESSD), ISSN: 2357-0857, published by IEREK Press.
Important Links & Information:
- The ESSD Journal is a peer-reviewed, scholarly journal that aims to systematically develop the research-driven curiosity and evidence-based discourse of aspiring scholars that seek to contribute to the academic community. The journal's focus is on academic research, in many fields relating to Environmental Sciences and Sustainable Development.
- ESSD journal is Indexed in ORCID, DOAJ, Euro Pub, Ebsco Host, OCLC World Cat, Google Scholar and more.
- For more about the ESSD Journal: https://press.ierek.com/index.php/ESSD
- Submission Deadline for volume 8 issue 1 will be on the 30th of March, 2023.
- Editor in Chief: Professor Hocine Bougdah, Senior Research Fellow in the School of Architecture and Cities at the University of Westminster, London, UK.
- You can learn more about the ESSD Journal topics here.
- IEREK Press is currently working on indexing the ESSD journal in Scopus and Web of Science databases, and with your contribution, we are surely one step closer to that goal.
- For more information, please feel free to contact email@example.com.