Blog
About

  • Record: found
  • Abstract: found
  • Article: found
Is Open Access

Neutron anisotropy and X-ray production of the FN-II dense plasma focus device

Read this article at

Bookmark
      There is no author summary for this article yet. Authors can add summaries to their articles on ScienceOpen to make them more accessible to a non-specialist audience.

      Abstract

      The FN-II Dense Plasma Focus is a small (< 5kJ ) Mather type device, where the dependence of neutron yield and its anisotropy, in terms of deuterium filling pressure, and the neutron emission angular distribution have been studied. Two diferent electrode configurations have been tested, showing that their geometry plays an important role both on neutron yield and anisotropy. Time integrated anisotropy has been measured with silver activation counters, on a shot to shot basis. CR-39 nuclear track detectors are used to determine the angular distribution of neutrons, averaged over tens of shots, showing that an isotropic pedestal accounts for 70% of the emission, while the anisotropy component accounts for the remaining 30%. The neutron yield shows a tendency to increase with anisotropy, as well as with the emission of hard X-rays observed on-axis. Scintillator- photomultiplier detectors show a slight Doppler shift in the neutron energy at backward angles, supporting the beam-target mechanism. Additional information has been obtained from time inte- grated X-ray diagnostics, which include filtered multi-pin-hole cameras.

      Related collections

      Most cited references 20

      • Record: found
      • Abstract: not found
      • Article: not found

      Current Trends in International Fusion Research

        Bookmark
        • Record: found
        • Abstract: not found
        • Article: not found

        Nucl. Instrum. Methods

         M. Haines (1983)
          Bookmark
          • Record: found
          • Abstract: not found
          • Article: not found

          Sov.J.Plasma Phys.

           V.V. Vikhrev (1986)
            Bookmark

            Author and article information

            Affiliations
            [1 ] Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Mexico
            [2 ] Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Mexico
            Contributors
            Role: ND
            Role: ND
            Role: ND
            Role: ND
            Role: ND
            Role: ND
            Role: ND
            Role: ND
            Journal
            bjp
            Brazilian Journal of Physics
            Braz. J. Phys.
            Sociedade Brasileira de Física (São Paulo )
            1678-4448
            March 2002
            : 32
            : 1
            : 3-12
            S0103-97332002000100002
            10.1590/S0103-97332002000100002

            http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

            Product
            Product Information: SciELO Brazil
            Categories
            PHYSICS, MULTIDISCIPLINARY

            General physics

            Comments

            Comment on this article