0
views
0
recommends
+1 Recommend
1 collections
    0
    shares
      • Record: found
      • Abstract: found
      • Article: found
      Is Open Access

      Syntaxonomy of the xero-mesophytic oak forests in the Republic of Tatarstan (Eastern Europe)

      ,

      Vegetation Classification and Survey

      Pensoft Publishers

      Read this article at

      ScienceOpenPublisher
      Bookmark
          There is no author summary for this article yet. Authors can add summaries to their articles on ScienceOpen to make them more accessible to a non-specialist audience.

          Abstract

          Aims: To develop a syntaxonomic classification of the xero-mesophytic broad-leaved oak forests of the Republic of Tatarstan with a preliminary analysis of their unique ecological features. Study area: The Republic of Tatarstan (European part of the Russian Federation). Methods: A total of 91 relevés were processed. Most of them (73.6%) were sampled in Tatarstan during 2016 and 2017, the remaining ones (26.4%) were historical published data. They were classified by means of a modified TWINSPAN algorithm using total inertia as a heterogeneity measure. Diagnostic, constant, and dominant species were identified using analytical tools in the JUICE 7.0 program. Results: The xero-mesophytic forests of the study area were assigned to four clusters. We describe two of them as new associations: Astragalo ciceri-Quercetum roboris ass. nova and Sanguisorbo officinalis-Quercetum roboris ass. nova. We classify them within the class Quercetea pubescentis. Conclusions: Our study is the first attempt to classify thermophilous and xero-mesophytic oak forests of the Republic of Tatarstan using the Braun-Blanquet system. Taxonomic reference: Czerepanov (1995). Syntaxonomic reference: Mucina et al. (2016) unless stated otherwise in the text. Abbreviations: GIVD = Global Index of Vegetation-Plot Databases; NMDS = Non-metric multidimensional scaling.

          Related collections

          Most cited references 7

          • Record: found
          • Abstract: not found
          • Article: not found

          Soobshhestva kseromezofitnyh shirokolistvennyh lesov Respubliki Tatarstan v ierarhii sintaksonov sistemy Braun-Blanke [Xeromesophytic broad-leaved forest communities of the Republic of Tatarstan in the hierarchy of syntaxa within the Braun-Blanquet system].

           Kozhevnikova (2018)
            Bookmark
            • Record: found
            • Abstract: not found
            • Article: not found

            Vergleichende geobotanische Untersuchunden in der Baschkirischen ASSR.

             Schubert (1979)
              Bookmark
              • Record: found
              • Abstract: not found
              • Article: not found

              Severnaya granica chernozemno-stepnoj oblasti vostochnoj polosyEvropejskoj Rossii v botaniko-geograficheskom i pochvennom otnoshenii. 1. Vvedenie. Botaniko-geograficheskij ocherk Kazanskoj gubernii [Botanical-geographical and soil related northern border of the chernozem-steppe region of the eastern belt of European Russia. 1. Introduction. Botanical and geographical characteristics of the Kazan province].

               Korzhinsky (1888)
                Bookmark

                Author and article information

                Contributors
                (View ORCID Profile)
                Journal
                Vegetation Classification and Survey
                VCS
                Pensoft Publishers
                2683-0671
                April 19 2021
                April 19 2021
                : 2
                : 47-58
                Article
                10.3897/VCS/2021/39583
                © 2021

                Comments

                Comment on this article