Blog
About

18
views
0
recommends
+1 Recommend
0 collections
    0
    shares
      • Record: found
      • Abstract: found
      • Article: not found

      Safety and efficacy of (90) yttrium-ibritumomab-tiuxetan for untreated follicular lymphoma patients. An Italian cooperative study.

      Read this article at

      ScienceOpenPublisherPubMed
      Bookmark
          There is no author summary for this article yet. Authors can add summaries to their articles on ScienceOpen to make them more accessible to a non-specialist audience.

          Abstract

          (90) Yttrium ((90) Y)-Ibritumomab-Tiuxetan combines the targeting advantage of a monoclonal antibody with the radiosensitivity of Follicular Lymphoma (FL). Previous studies showed that 90Y-IT is safe and effective in relapsed/refractory indolent FL, irrespective of prior treatment with rituximab. This multicentre trial aimed to evaluate the safety and the efficacy of "upfront" single-agent ((90) Y)-Ibritumomab-Tiuxetan in advanced-stage FL. The primary objective was the incidence of responses in terms of complete (CR) and partial remission (PR). Fifty patients with stage II "bulky", III or IV FL received a single treatment course with ((90) Y)-Ibritumomab-Tiuxetan as initial therapy. The median age was 60 years. Bone marrow involvement (<25%) was observed in 24 patients (48%) and 7 (14%) had an elevated lactate dehydrogenase level. The overall response (ORR) and CR rates were 94% and 86%, respectively with a median follow-up of 38·8 months. The median progression-free survival (PFS) was not reached, whereas the 3-year estimated PFS and overall survival (OS) rate was 63·4% and 90%, respectively. Grade 3/4 neutropenia and thrombocytopenia occurred in 30% and 26% of patients respectively; none experienced grade 3/4 non-haematological toxicity. No cases of secondary haematological malignancies were observed. ((90) Y)-Ibritumomab-Tiuxetan was demonstrated to be highly effective and safe as first-line treatment for advanced-stage FL.

          Related collections

          Author and article information

          Journal
          Br. J. Haematol.
          British journal of haematology
          1365-2141
          0007-1048
          Mar 2014
          : 164
          : 5
          Affiliations
          [1 ] U.O. Ematologia 1, IRCCS AOU San Martino-IST, Genova, Italy.
          Article
          10.1111/bjh.12695
          24344981
          © 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

          Comments

          Comment on this article