While presenting simplified quantifications on the natural climate (change) processes to enhance reproducibility and communication to the broader audience, the study results are unique in many respects.
- The few significant climate driving forces are described by simple functions, in outstanding agreement with paleo-reconstructions.
- Anthropogenic carbon emissions translate into atmospheric CO2 concentrations by a simple function as well.
- A temperature contribution is derived for the anthropogenic energy consumption (beyond the emissions impact).
- Atmospheric infrared absorption reveals near-proportionality to the absorbing molecule densities.
- Quantification is attempted on the vibrational-to-translational energy transfer as a major atmospheric absorption process.
- Emittance from atmospheric absorption is revealed to be composed of two components: one proportional to the absorbed irradiation, the other constant.
- The simple-function set on nature is applied to conclude on the future economic possibilities in a renewables world.