• My research projects deal with the development of new reactions that involve radical processes or catalytic organometallic reactions, as well as their applications in the synthesis of (natural) products with relevant properties. Our approach also includes the asymmetric version of these reactions.
These activities have yielded: 190 publications, including 157 research articles and communications in international journals, 33 book chapters and reviews, and 123 lectures. H index = 45.
I am also the coauthor of two organic text books for freshmen and pre-med students.
• I have been the research advisor of 33 Ph.D. students and 27 post-doctoral associates.
• In terms of collective duties at UPMC, I was in charge of the L3 year (third year) of the bachelor of chemistry and of the undergraduate organic laboratories in 2006-07. I also centralized the purchases of equipments for the "Institut de Chimie Moléculaire" (from 2003 to 2014). From 2007 to 2014, I was the director of the Master of Chemistry of Paris Centre, which enrolls around 350 students, see: http://www.master.chimie.upmc.fr/fr/index.php. From 2008 to 2012, I was a member of the Directoire de la Recherche at UPMC.
• Since 2014, I have been vice-chairman for research of the chemistry department of UPMC and I am in the faculty recruitment committee for chemistry at UPMC.
• I am a referee for 20 international journals: Nat. Chem., JACS, Angewandte Chemie, Chem. Sci., Chem. Commun., Org. Lett., .. And I have been an expert for several research agencies: Agence Nationale de la Recherche, Swiss National Fundation, Petroleum Research Fund, DFG, NWO-Holland, Austrian SF…